|Senior Data Analytics Strategist
||– Responsible for developing data analytics and measurement strategies to facilitate fact based planning and decision making at the City
– enable service improvement projects.
– A technical leader and subject matter expert for data and analytics.
Responsible for leveraging advanced analytics expertise and a strategic mindset to creatively plan and solve business problems.
– Establishes and instills the standards, methods and best practices that enable the data analytics team to consistently provide best-in-class measurement approaches, meaningful analysis and relevant analytical deliverables.Output:
-data analytics and measurement strategies
– business problems solutions.
-Data and process standards, methods and best practices.
- Ensure the integration of all aspects of technology solutions are consistent with the clients’ vision;
- Perform impact analysis of applicable technology changes;
Has experience working with various stakeholders in delivering enterprise level strategies for a large private or public sector organization.
Has developed Strategic Investment Plans for a large organization driven from Policies and Guidelines, legislative Acts, and/or Regulations.
Has experience in implementing business process transformation or improvements and organizational change in large-scale initiatives
Has experience developing portfolio or program management and its supporting governance processes for an IM/IT organization.
For the experience of the resource to be considered, the resource must have worked on the substantiating project for a minimum duration of six months.
Program definition – is a grouping of projects required to achieve specific business benefits,
Portfolio definition – is a collection of programs required to achieve related strategic business benefits.
Has experience working as a Project Executive on large-scale IT projects.
For the experience of the resource to be considered, the resource must have worked on the substantiating project for a minimum duration of nine months.
- Manage/coach small multidisciplinary product teams to build best in class digital products
- Be an evangelist for customer centric/data driven product development approaches.
- Be an influential voice on behalf of the customer (our consultants and their clients) constantly thinking about their needs and the reflection of those needs in the products we deliver
- ollaborate with the sales team in building a pipeline of Enterprise Analytics and Data Management sales opportunities (SSO’s), through strategizing with sales teams and participation in sales calls with executives in the appropriate discipline. Significant incremental Pipeline should be developed, due to the involvement of the SE. Pipeline development, strategy, and Sales enablement for Enterprise Analytics and Data Management will be a key focus area for the SE.
- Achievement of assigned overlay target for Enterprise Analytics and Data Management as assigned by VP Sales.
- Identify key decision makers and influencers in selected customers and prospects, establishing productive relationships at Executive level.
- Together with the Sales Leaders and input from Marketing and the product groups, help develop and drive the focused messaging and the Go-To-Market Strategy for Enterprise Analytics and Data Management. Take a leadership role, by demonstrating credibility, knowledge and skill. Help determine who, how and with what.
- In collaboration with the AE, creation of account by account “Pursuit Plans” which detail appropriate focused products/solutions targeted for the account based on their needs and propensity to buy. SE will assist the sales team in validating Pursuit Plans through face to face meetings with key Executives in the customer base (in association with Account Executive) and will be a key contributor in the Pursuit Plan.
- Create and maintain multi-year Business Plan for Enterprise Analytics and Data Management. Update annually at a minimum.
- As required, lead a cross functional Enterprise Analytics and Data Management team focused on driving results in the areas of sales pipeline, revenue, market awareness and references.
- Partner with Alliances to develop relevant partnerships to facilitate the effective sale and/or delivery of SAS Enterprise Analytics and Data Management solutions, products and services.
- Stay abreast of industry events and trends, competitive landscape and SAS’s current and future marketplace presence.
- Be a thought leader in the Enterprise Analytics and Data Management market, positioning SAS as a strategic provider of Enterprise Analytics and Data Management solutions to major public and private organizations.
- At the Account or Opportunity level, evangelically present the ‘Solution’. This will include initial Service/Delivery messaging.
- Membership and active executive level participation in industry associations, advisory boards and events.
- Public speaking in the area of Enterprise Analytics and Data Management at both internal and external events.
- Author white papers and collateral related to Enterprise Analytics and Data Management.
- Maintain up-to-date Enterprise Analytics and Data Management knowledge through regular customer, regulator and association meetings, as well as other market focused activities.
- Participate in proposal creation and presentation.
- Maintain notes and updates in Orion for key Enterprise Analytics and Data Management SSO’s.
- Establish an active relationship with the SAS Enterprise Analytics and Data Management ‘Driver’ team.
- The SE will work with the appropriate AE, Sales and Presales Management to determine and coordinate the appropriate Presales resources for each opportunity. The SE will facilitate and organize the appropriate team.
- The SE will actively liaise with the Services team and be able to position our Delivery capabilities as part of our solution offering. This will serve many purposes:
- Help with SAS internal Collaboration. The SE will need to engage with and work with the Services and Alliances organizations, before presenting this type of info to the customer.
- The SE will help SAS’s Credibility, due to their domain knowledge and an overall understanding of the solution.
- This will provide Consistency and a sense of comfort, as the SE will have been involved with the customer from an early stage.
| sophisticated analytical expertise; business acumen; a strategic mindset; client, relationship, and project management; and a passion for enhancing the client experience. The job requires analysis of confidential information including employee and financial data and will require the Strategist to make recommendations and implement decisions on behalf of Senior management that impacts operational efficiency, structure and budget.
Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
– Ability to think and plan strategically.
– Self-directed and organized; able to manage responsibilities for multiple, simultaneous projects.
– Work effectively as a lead and team member within a multi-disciplinary environment.
– Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with an ability to consult with senior leadership and
influence without authority.
– Ability to seek and build internal/external relationships; negotiate with representatives from other
departments and outside agencies to identify and achieve objectives.
– Passion for analytics and commitment to staying current with new technologies and innovative
approaches and enabling their use to help clients achieve their goals and solve business problems.
– Highly refined analytical and problem solving skills; ability to anticipate scenarios and develop solution
– Ability to provide strategic recommendations and developing statistical and analytical solutions.
– Project management skills and awareness of current project management methodologies and
– Outstanding communication skills; ability to deliver information in clear, concise, and relevant manner both in a written and oral format and make effective and persuasive presentations.
– Proven skills in report writing.
– Discretion; capable of working with highly sensitive/ confidential subject matter.
Has experience advising and preparing briefings for, and making presentations to senior level managers, equivalent to the Canadian Government EX2 level and above.
Has certified a Managing Successful Programs (MSP)© Practitioner.
Must be certified Change Management Specialist by an organization with publically available training and certification. Some examples include: Prosci, APMG, Aplustransition.
Must be certified Enterprise Architect by an organization with publicly available training and certification. Some examples include: TOGAF Architect, Government Information Factory Architect, and IASA Architect.
Be experienced in digital product development with agile approaches.
- Be experienced with backlog/requirements creation, management and prioritization.
- Be passionate about product discovery, development and innovation.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity while at the same time designing tests to resolve that ambiguity.
- Ability to produce visual pretotype / functional prototypes (make sure everything gets done).
- Be experienced in digital product development with agile approaches.
- Be expected to work with off-shore teams located in India, China, Prague to implement the solution architecture in developing the analytic applications.
Strong Analytics solutions knowledge including forecasting and predictive analytics, business intelligence, data visualization. Analytical technical skills should include knowledge of advanced analytics and the analytic lifecycle as well as deep knowledge of database and Hadoop technologies and their use cases for analytics
Strong Data Management knowledge including data integration, data quality, master data Management along with applied data governance technologies, any data management related specifically for analytical environments
10 years’ experience success in selling (internally or externally) Analytics and/or Data Management solution or strategies.
Understands business applications and benefits of Analytics and Data Management, who buys it and how it is used
Can engage in client conversations at senior levels and key influencers including business and IT
Ability to position, present and sell overall Analytics and Data Management solutions story and talk to the solutions which are core to their individual business at a high level
Ability to qualify Analytics and Data Management solutions opportunities and match customer needs
Ability to initiate and lead teams (virtual)
Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
Ability to relate technical and business concepts to applications and user needs
Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time as business needs require
Experience selling (internally or externally) computer software solutions (including related training products and services), computer hardware or telecommunications software/hardware
Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts, especially as it relates to Analytics and Data Management
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong strategic selling skills and skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement and execute a national sales plan
- Bachelors degree in either Math, Business, Engineering or the equivalent in work experience
| Product Owner
- Establish MIS capabilities within PO Business Effectiveness and PO
– Gathering business requirements to support a Business Intelligence Environment.
Assessing integrated data management capability requirements from a whole-of-agency organization wide perspective.
– Conduct/lead meetings discussions/JRD (joint requirement development) sessions.
– Conduct one-on-one meetings with stakeholders.Representing and/or engaging business process owners, system owners and data ownership in cross impact discussions.-Assist manager with presentations to Senior Management, as and when required.Participating in developing the recommendation of a to-be vision for long term and a 2016 realistic solution.Output: Domain Model. EBS. Company Business MindMap. BPM business processes. Six Sigma DMAIC analysis & diagrams – Optimization processes. Data Dictionary.
- Develop and implement plans for improving BI and analytics
- Manage the day to day fulfilment of the data strategy in regards to BI and Analytics.
- Work with and direct the Data Management and Data Warehouse teams for BI reporting needs
- Work as a business partner across the business to evaluate/ improve information capture and processes and arrive at mutual, cost effective solution(s).
- Work with stakeholders to define key performance indicators and local indicators.
- Implement a governance mechanism for the approval, review and withdrawal of indicators.
- Work with the BI Analysts to develop appropriate reporting mechanisms, such as reports and dashboards, to support KPI’s, making use of PowerBI
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that the focus of analysts is reflective of the needs in terms of strategy and initiatives.
- Maintain the BI and analytics pipeline, ensuring that this maps to external opportunities and internal strategies and initiatives.
- Be the technical specialist in PowerBI
| Business Analysis
Business Case Development
Business Process Reengineering
Data Modeling ITIL
Object Oriented Analysis
Use Case Analysis
Use Case Analysis
| BI Manager
|| Provide a bi-weekly status-report to CIOB manager.
- Responsible to develop Project Management artifacts in compliance with the client’s Project Management Framework (PGoF).
- Establish clear ownership for project tasks, ensure that tram members have the tools needed and provide timely feedback;
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand up meetings, reviews, release planning, demos and other project related meetings.
- Coordinate and facilitate delivery of project objectives.
- Track progress and review project tasks to ensure certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Assess project issues and identify mitigation.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to management.
- Meet with other organizational executives to ensure all organizational (internal and external) stakeholders are committed and moving forward on project and organizational goals.
- Prepare plans, charts, tables, and diagrams to assist in analyzing or displaying problems.
- Work with Microsoft Project and a variety of project management tools.
- Maintain dashboards to report monthly progress of the overall project on an ongoing basis, for review at steering committees, boards, senior committees, etc.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the past 15 years as a Project Manager providing advice, support and consultation in relation to the development of project documentation, stakeholder management and communications.
- Must have a valid Secret clearance.
- Must have one of the following:
- A university degree in a related business or technology discipline; OR
- A two-year college diploma in a related business or technology discipline and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a related business or technology discipline; OR
- A university degree in any field and a minimum of five years in a related business or technology discipline; OR
- A PMP or Prince2 Practitioner Certification that is valid and in good standing.
- A minimum of two (2) year(s) experience in any of the selected requirements:
- Experience facilitating working and/or Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions with clients;
- Experience on a project where Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK) was utilized;
- Experience of Agile Project Management /Scrum
- Experience of Information Management;
- Experience of system development projects supported by Microsoft Team Foundation System and/or SharePoint;
- Experience on Business Intelligence (BI) application implementations (e.g. IBM Cognos BI);
- Experience on implementing Shared Services in a government department, including experience interacting with PWGSC and TBS;
- Experience of financial/economic system (Basel, MCCSR);
- Experience of enterprise-wide process improvement/implementation;
- Subject Matter Expertise in one or more of the following area(s):
- Project Planning and Scheduling using MS Project;
- Risk Management;
- Quality Management;
- Configuration Management and Document Control;
- Change Management;
- Business Transformation; and/or
- Performance Management (including Earned Value).
- Experience as a Project Manager responsible for the planning and/or execution of a specific technology or solution, such as:
- An Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (e.g. SAP, PeopleSoft or Microsoft);
- Microsoft SharePoint;
- An Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution;
- A custom-developed application;
- Internet/Intranet/Extranet solutions; and/or
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
| Data Specialist
- Design, develop, test, deploy and document ETL and Data Quality processes.
- Conduct data quality assessments and provide extracts to clients for review, correction and/or to recommend automated processes to rectify data issues. Capture data quality rules and incorporate in automated processes, including logging, alerts or other mechanisms that allow for user correction.
- Analyze source systems, prepare dataset extracts and develop procedures for data transformation and loading, including creating data staging environments, scripts, jobs and database objects (such as tables, views and stored procedures) that will support these procedures.
- Provide clear, concise and comprehensive documentation deliverables to peers (typically design and deployment documentation).
- Develop database models for any custom database objects that are created by the resource.
- Work closely and collaboratively with management, Information Architect, team members, development team, DBA and infrastructure teams to optimize the overall data management delivery.
- nalysis, design, modeling, and implementation of database components for one or more applications
- Write and maintain SQL code (functions, stored procedures, objects)
- Provide support and guidance to developers who need to interface with the database
- Provide deployment and production support as necessary
- Write and maintain data conversion scripts (new customers, version upgrades, etc)
- Maintain test environments
- Write and maintain ETL components (SSIS)
- Write and maintain Reports (SSRS)